How to apply

You may apply to have a payment dispute adjudicated by lodging an adjudication application with Expert Adjudication.

Your application must:

  • be in writing
  • be lodged within the time limits prescribed by the Act
  • identify the payment claim and payment schedule (if any) to which it relates
  • be accompanied by the application fee
  • contain all submissions and supporting materials which you want the adjudicator to consider

Your application does not need to be in any particular form but your case will be strengthened if you:

  • set out your submissions in numbered paragraphs
  • use a new paragraph for each point you wish to make
  • use concise language
  • adopt a logical structure
  • identify each point raised in or by the payment schedule (if any)
  • address each point raised in or by the payment schedule (if any) or, if no payment schedule has been served, address the construction contract in question, service of the payment claim and notice of your intention to proceed to adjudication, the construction work you say you have carried out and the value of that work
  • give substance to each submission by referring to relevant legal authority or appropriate supporting material as the case may be.